Eastchester, Tuckahoe, New Rochelle
Sheila was born and raised in Framingham, Massachusetts and moved to New York in 1983 to attend the College of New Rochelle. Upon graduation in 1987, she remained in New York and began a career in finance for the brokerage firm of EF Hutton. In 1991, she married Tom Marcotte and eventually left Wall Street as a VP for Lehman Brothers on the retail high-yield trading desk in 1994 to raise her own family.
In 1998, Tom and Sheila moved to the Village of Tuckahoe and in 1999 Sheila began serving on the local library board. In 1999 she was appointed as a Commissioner on the Village Planning Board and in October of 2001 the Tuckahoe Village Board appointed her as Trustee after the tragic attacks of 911, and she was elected the following March. In 2004 Sheila was appointed to the Eastchester Town Board and was twice elected to that seat. In the spring of 2010 Sheila won a special election for the County Legislator seat in District 10 and has been successfully re-elected 3 times.
Sheila continues to serves on many boards and committees as well as volunteers locally in many organizations. Some of her past, and current Town and Village involvement include:
• Eastchester Friends of the Library Member
• Eastchester Historical Society Current President/past Trustee/Member/Docent
• Senior Citizen Advisory Council
• Tuckahoe and Eastchester Beautification Committee
• Eastchester Zoning Code Revision Committee Member
• Eastchester/Tuckahoe Annual Health Fair Coordinator
• Eastchester Columbus Day Parade and Carnival Committee Memorial Day &
• St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee
• Eastchester/Tuckahoe Lions Club Woman of the Year - 2009
• Co-founder – Eastchester Historical Society Summer History Camp
• Founder and coordinator Tuckahoe “Snow Angels”
• Coordinates the Annual Tuckahoe Eastchester Senior Citizen raffle
• Coordinates and founded Eastchester Annual Town Yard Sale
• Home Delivered Meals for Senior Citizens
• Project H.O.P.E
• ECAP - Books and Beyond Board Member
• USS NY LPD 21 Commissioning Committee Member
Sheila and Tom reside on Winter Hill Road in Tuckahoe along with their four children, Thomas, Meghan, Matthew and Kevin.
Summer 2013 Newsletter
Summer 2011 Newsletter